Perhaps one of the most solemn and sentimental wedding speeches is made by the Father of the bride. This is where the father expresses all his feelings toward his loving daughter.
To the Fathers out there: We understand that the day your daughter gets married is a very emotional day (i can already picture my dad bawling during his speech; he’s a very sensitive and emotional). Every moment of her entire life starts flashing in your head and you realized that your daughter has grown up and is about to take one of her biggest step in her life.
Tips: Traditionally, the bride’s father speaks first. Wait until everyone has been seated before you begin to give your speech. Here are some tips that you may want to include in your speech.
1. Introduce yourself
2. Welcome your guests to the wedding
3. Welcome the groom and his immediate family into your family
4. You may want to mention how good the new couple looks together.
5. You may say a few words about the ceremony and how nice it was.
6. Depending on what you feel like, you should share some humorous or heartfelt memories of your daughter growing up.
7. Let your daughter know how much she has grown up, how beautiful she is in the bridal gown – let people know that she’s now a woman, but she’ll also be your little girl – somewhere along those lines.
8. Let everybody know how you became nostalgic hearing the wedding vows.
9. Make her proud by saying how proud you are of her.
10. Give some advice to your daughter and her husband about marriage. You can share some of your own marriage stories as an examples.
11. To conclude your speech – raise your glass and propose a toast to the bride and groom. Congratulate them once more and wish them a happy life together…or hope they have many happy memories as a married couple.